27 Feb 2015

Glass beads mania

When I say I love beading, it includes the most fascinating and adorable things in my beads treasure - glass beads, too. I have been using glass beads to create jewelry for myself. They are one of the first supplies I would love to buy when I shop for jewelry.

When you look at the existence of glass beads, they were present during Roman times as well as Egyptian time. They are ancient and yet trendy.




With help of evolving technology,  beads manufacturing has also evolved and you get hundreds of techniques and types for manufacturing glass beads. Though nothing can beat handcrafted lampwork beads.








The reason why I love glass beads is, you get them with desired finishing - say dull, rusty or shiny. You have advantage of color selection because any color you ask for is available in glass beads. They look rich compared to resin beads.






If you talk about Size, you get seed beads, really really small in size and on other hand you get giant stone beads. Shapes - starting from candy beads, donuts, egg, triangle, capsule to emerald cut bead shapes you can avail with glass beads. My recent favorite is Murano glass beads, with large halls, they work perfect as focal bead for necklaces.

 


More than anything, glass beads are cost effective. And that is because of their manufacturing pattern, no matter they are handmade or machine made because, glass bead manufacturing involves very basic earth elements.


So, that's all. My love for glass beads does not end here. Snaps on this post are just a small tip of my glass bead iceberg.


Look forward to create beautiful jewelry from these beads. Stay tuned for my spring-summer earrings designs, inspired by pretty colorful flowers on earth.

Happy beading,
Prakruti




No comments:

Post a Comment