2 Mar 2015

Spring Collection - Holi Essentials

In India, we have festivals for every season. For spring we have - Holi, also known as "Basant Utsav" meaning "Spring Festival". The festival has many purposes, but most prominently, it celebrates the beginning of Spring. In 17th century literature, it was identified as a festival that celebrated agriculture, spring harvests and the fertile land. Hindus believe it is a time of enjoying spring's abundant colours and saying farewell to winter. So do I! Saying good bye to winter..

GettyImages
Pic from http://www.hindusofhouston.org/hindu-news-articles/festival-of-holi-in-pictures/
I have been creating vivid pieces of jewelry since last weeks of winter, and was waiting to wear them. :)
Here comes my most colorful collection for Spring, welcoming Holi on 6th March. It contains vibrant colors from my beads trasure to play holi with all of you in a joyous mood.

Spring Flora Earrings - These earring are representation of colorful spring flowers. Created wtih handmade lampwork beads and some flower embellishments.  They are light, easy to wear and no doubt a colorful look to your personality.









Basant Neckpieces - They will take you on a cruise lovelies, a romantic affair with neon colors. They are my brightest creations ever. All set with outfits..I just can't wait for an occasion to wear them!

Luminous necklace is created for a funky girlie look with handcrafted clay beads and Czech glass beads, a tiny golden daisy makes perfect clasp - so simple but elegant.





The Vibrant necklace is created with Green stones and Czech glass beads, along with some silver wire and elements. And my first experiment with many colors, I have always been afraid to use a lot of colors together, but that's not required now, I love the result of this experiment. Plus it's my entry for BNB challenge, please do me a favor by liking the picture and vote me for winning over this contest.




Spectrum Necklace - Spectrum necklace is an experiment with upcycling objects. The focal pendent is created with a multicolor silk cord around an old plastic bottle and the blue rings are created with handmade clay. Apart from these elements, stones and powder glass beads are used with silver wire to form blue chainmail. 


Are not they interestingly adorable? Let me know what you think girls.

Happy Holi!
Prakruti

No comments:

Post a Comment