11 Feb 2015

Knotting 101

When you put your heart and soul into some activity you enjoy it. And when you enjoy it, you try your best to make make it more and more interesting with new experiments. So do I. With my jewelry making hobby, I keep on experimenting new techniques. Usually I try to use objects, available at my home and try to upcycle it, though I do not hesitate buying supplies to make prettiest things for myself.


Knotting is very simple technique and looks trendy. I saw some designs on crafts and DIY blogs for bracelets and thought about making a necklace for myself. I had these green resin beads on an old torn handbag, but I found them very attractive and classy. I put them on a thick silk cord first and made some knots, somehow it did not look that attractive. So, I thought about using leather cord, matching with the brownish print on green beads. And it looked just perfect!

Along with the leather cord, I used this handmade copper wire clasp.






So, what you say? What a simple way to use cord and beads! Right? This is an instant win for me at least. Let me know what you think about it.

Cheers
Prakruti Mahendra

No comments:

Post a Comment