31 Jan 2015

Thread Art

Hi everyone,

As now I have a special interest cum love for everything that can make any kind of jewelry piece, here comes an experiment with threads. :)

I have already been buying bangles covered with silk thread, which look really rich and classy. Apart from this, I have been making a different kinds of jewelry cord by wrapping silk cord, helps me to get an Indian look to the necklace.So, why don't bank on threads - cost effective but awesome look.


At one of the exhibitions in my city, I found stunning round earrings, wrapped with silk thread. Looking at them closely I recognized the "handmade thing" and it dint take time to made up mind about creating something similar for myself.
I found this video on youtube for thread jewelry and I ended up making below pieces. I guess I shall put them into a leather cord and wear it as a long necklace. What do you say?



Waiting for reviews. 
Cheers 
Prakruti











No comments:

Post a Comment